4 replies to this topic

#1 donk

donk

• Gold
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLake Eufaula, OK

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

The lake level is up on Lake Eufaula as usual & I was wondering if anybody has been up to the Cut this last weekend & is there any beach there. I had some friends around No. 9 & they said there isnt a whole lot of beaches in that area. Hopefully the lake has leveled off & we wont get very much more rain anytime soon. I was just curious how much beach if any we were going to have for Memorial Weekend.
Boomer Sooner!

#2 livinitup1

livinitup1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

The lake level is up on Lake Eufaula as usual & I was wondering if anybody has been up to the Cut this last weekend & is there any beach there. I had some friends around No. 9 & they said there isnt a whole lot of beaches in that area. Hopefully the lake has leveled off & we wont get very much more rain anytime soon. I was just curious how much beach if any we were going to have for Memorial Weekend.

We were at the cut yesterday, there is a little beach, I am no expert but I would guess about a 1/3 as much beach as during the summer.

#3 comanche518

comanche518

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

heard they were painting the dam and that is why the yhavent been letting any water out looks like the started releasing yesterday
pop a top and drop that top

#4 laketime

laketime

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

Definitely no beaches around Longtown last weekend. I hope they have the gates wide open all week!:thumb:
lake eufaula, oklahoma

#5 donk

donk

• Gold
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

Definitely no beaches around Longtown last weekend. I hope they have the gates wide open all week!Posted Image

Thanks for the info guys. I called & talked to the Damn Dam Idiots yesterday & they are not going to release any water only generate. The phone recording on the Corps site says they are releasing 13,000 cf per second around the clock. But the gragh on the website shows they are not releasing but half that at times. I asked her why & she said that those times are tenative & that had no plans of releasing any big amounts of water. So I guess the lake will probably be like this (if we dont get anymore rain) for several more weeks.
Boomer Sooner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users